Books Read: 10
I read 10 books, guys! Some of them were short, but my resolution to read at least one hour each night is really helping. There’s only been two nights all month that I haven’t read an hour. I made up for it some of the other nights and I read a total of 74 hours this month. I think I’ll up my monthly goal for this month.
Library Books: 3/10
Diverse Books: 7/10
Diverse Author: 6/10
Audiobook Challenge: 3/10
Library Love Challenge: 3/10
Read Harder Challenge: 3/10
I just read so many awesome books this month! Some of these are seriously the best books I’ve read in a long time. It was an awesome first month. Let’s see if the rest of the month can be this good.
This Year So Far
Goodreads Challenge: 10/100 (10%)
Audiobooks: 40% (Goal: 20%)
Library Books: 30% (Goal: 25%)
Diverse Books: 70% (Goal: 50%)
Diverse Author: 60% (Goal: 40%)
Audiobook Challenge: 30% (Goal: 20%)
Library Love Challenge: 30% (Goal: 25%)
Read Harder Challenge: 30% (Goal: 25%)
Looks like I’m doing pretty good on my reading goals! The library one could slip pretty easily if I let it, so I’ll have to keep an eye on that.
- [5 Jan] Romance Roundup 
- [5 Jan] It Takes Two to Tumble by Cat Sebastian
- [5 Jan] Eight Nights in December by Keira Andrews
- [5 Jan] In Case of Emergency by Keira Andrews
- [10 Jan] Scythe by Neal Shusterman
- [12 Jan] Goodbye Days by Jeff Zentner
- [17 Jan] In the Shadow of Liberty: The Hidden History of Slavery, Four Presidents, and Five Black Lives by Kenneth C. Davis
- [19 Jan] Meddling Kids by Edgar Cantero
- [2 Jan] Coming Soon: January 2018
- [3 Jan] ALL THE THINGS: December 2017
- [4 Jan] 2017 Book Stats
- [8 Jan] What I’m Reading 
- [9 Jan] Books I Missed in 2017
- [15 Jan] What I’m Reading 
- [16 Jan] Top Ten Bookish Resolutions or Goals
- [18 Jan] Quotes of the Week 
- [22 Jan] What I’m Reading 
- [23 Jan] Books I Liked But Can’t Remember
- [25 Jan] Quotes of the Week 
- [29 Jan] What I’m Reading 
- [31 Jan] Coming Soon: February 2018
I’ve got several library books I think really need to read, plus some DRCs that I need to get through. I won’t be able to read all of these, but this is where I’m starting this month. I might also throw in some comics since I really need to catch up on some of my comics series.
I’ve always loved Rhye and I’m so excited he’s writing new stuff. He’s going to be in Atlanta this month and I’m considering going. I love this song so much.
Brockhampton is new to me. Most of their music is more rap with hooks, but no chorus. I still like it though. I really love this song, though. I get it stuck in my head all the time.
I’ve never been a huge fan of Borns, but I’m loving this album. I’ve always liked them on a surface level, but this might be the album that turns me into a real fan.
Finally caught up on Brooklyn Nine-Nine. Gotta love Captain Holt!
It goes without saying that most Netflix series are for mature audiences. This preview is a pretty good picture of what you’re getting from this series. It’s a short dark comedy. Ben and I watched the whole series in one night. It was good, just really dark and weird.
Until next time, happy reading!