- Have my own library – I’ve always wanted my own library. I just want it to be a place where I can collect books and read in peace. I have two major dreams attached to this idea. I think it would be cool to renovate an attic, and turn it into a reading nook. I also think it would be cool to find a house with a nice lofted area, and turn that into a reading nook. I’d settle for a room with built-in bookshelves, though.
- Work in a library – This is actually going to happen at some point. Right now, I don’t even care what kind of library (actually, yes I do). I just want one to hire me!
- Run a library – My ideal way to have this is to end up in a school library. That is my focus, after all. I would settle for working my way up in public libraries though. I know I definitely want to work with youth right now. Who knows, though? Later, I might like to be a director somewhere. I kind of like being in charge.
- Collect rare books or first editions – This will probably never happen. Either Ben or I would have to start making some serious money for me to get into this. It would be awfully cool, though.
- Talk to an author – If you were ever around me when I met authors, you’d be like, “why is she so awkward?” I feel like I always have so many things to say to authors before I meet them., but I freeze up when I’m actually in front of them. I felt a little better about this a couple of weeks ago when I met Margarita Engle. I think it was mainly because she did most of the talking, though.
- Own all the Penguin classics hardcovers – I love those cloth hardcovers. I think they’re so pretty, and I want them all. I’m actually working on this one. I have a few, but I’ve got a long way to go.
- Own all of the Harry Potter books in hardcover – It’s kind of sad that I haven’t gotten around to getting these. I did find these cool ones with house book jackets. I kind of want them. Not all of them, obviously. I should get on Pottermore and figure out which house I’m in.
- Read Gone With the Wind – It’s one of the chunksters sitting on my shelf. One day!
- Read Les Miserables – I actually started this one a couple of years ago, and I was really enjoying it. I just had too much going on to finish it. I will, though!
- Research gender representation in youth literature – I was telling one of my professors the other day that I found something I’m really interested in researching. The way we (as a society) think about gender bothers me. I’d really like to do some research with children’s literature (mostly picture books, I think) to see how genders are represented.
That’s my bucket list! What’s on your bookish bucket list?